Nabors maintains cybersecurity strategies to prevent and address potential risk to the everyday operations and protect our environment and employees. Standing on the front lines of corporate security is our ever-vigilant IT team. With regards to cybersecurity we:
- Perform an annual cybersecurity maturity assessment by a third party, using the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) standards. Our most recent report was issued in April 2022. The NIST framework assesses a company’s cybersecurity capabilities based on five pillars: Identify, Protect, Detect, Respond and Recover from threats.
- Perform penetration testing by a third party
- Conduct regular phish and spearphishing of our employees, based on the most relevant and recent threats, and those employees that fail phishing attacks are required to receive additional cybersecurity training
- Provide tailored training programs for employees based on job role and security risk. All employees are required to successfully complete our online cybersecurity training on an annual basis and certain elevated risk groups, including accounts payable, HR, vendor management, etc. receive additional targeted training based on potential cybersecurity threats identified.
- Provide regular cybersecurity updates to the board
- Provide robust data backup technologies and controls
- Maintain a 24/7 security operations center