Nabors’ SunDowner is capable of being off-loaded and assembled on an offshore platform in a single day…from sunup to sundown. The short rig-up time results in significant mobilization cost savings.
- Three Caterpillar 3512C engines rated at 1,476 horsepower, each driving one Kato 1365 KW generator, for a total of 4,428 horsepower
- Loadmaster Bootstrap style 142 ft telescoping mast with a maximum rated static hook load of 600,000 lbs on 10 lines
- Rig floor which provides additional flexibility to configure the rig for different well site locations.
Nabors’ Blue Force® mud motors are customized to specific specifications, built to withstand all drilling fluid types and temperatures, and can help reduce non-productive time.
- Mud-lubricated bearing design – not affected by mud type or temperature
- Multiple power section configurations available to suit a variety of drilling environments
- Vertical drilling motors are available that can be configured for any hole size
Capable of drilling up to eight laterals from a single wellbore, Nabors’ unique coiled tubing/stem drilling rig, CDR2-AC, was designed to help a major operator more effectively work over old wells and boost production in Alaska’s Kuparuk field.
- Reduced weight of the modules and to avoid breaking through the frozen road surface during transport
- Allows all equipment, including the entire coiled tubing string, to maintain proper warmth and eliminate freeze-up
A Side-Saddle® rig is ideal for batch drilling because it can drill the surface along one row of wells, walk to the adjacent row and repeat the same tasks using the same drilling mud.
- Vast majority of our Nabors SmartRig® drilling systems feature our proprietary Side-Saddle® Substructures
- Enables simultaneous operations such as coiled tubing, offline cementing or casing running
- Minimal flowline handling is required
Equipped with specially trained drillers, drilling performance software and reliable measurement while drilling (MWD) telemetry, Nabors Directional-Ready™ rigs include integrated downhole equipment and directional drilling instrumentation to enable high-fidelity surveying and precise placement in productive targets of longer lateral wellbores.
- Drillers working on Nabors Directional-Ready™ rigs are trained in directional theory, automated HMI sequences, BHA makeup and advanced wellbore placement operations
- Reliable MWD Telemetry
- Integrated Drilling Performance Software with proactive monitoring by remote technicians at the Rigline 24/7™ Command Center
Managed Pressure Ready
Nabors MPD-Ready® rigs feature integrated hardware and software components, and required flow paths, to ascertain the downhole pressure environment limits and manage annular hydraulic pressure during drilling operations. All equipment skids with rig, eliminating non-productive time when moving between wells for multi-well pad drilling.
- Mitigates losses during drilling by utilizing the additional capabilities made available through integration
Designed primarily for tiebacks, completions or sidetracks, Nabors MODS™ offshore platform drilling rigs are lightweight and engineered to accommodate the dynamic wave action associated with deepwater SPAR and tension-leg platforms.
Key FeaturesRead more
MASE® platform drilling rigs occupy less space and weigh significantly less than conventional platform drilling rigs.
Key FeaturesRead more
The PACE®-R800 rig utilizes technology optimized for drilling automation with Nabors Rigtelligent® control system. The rack and pinion technology enables the precise control of block position required for advanced automati
- Rack and pinion hoisting system reduces mechanical components like drawworks, traveling block, crown, deadline anchor, drill line spooler etc., improving rig-up time and reducing downtime
- Current hookload capacity rated at 800 kips can be scaled up to 1,000 kips
- Custom designed pipe handling equipment to handle drill pipe and casing up to 13-3/8”
As lateral lengths continue to increase, drillers need a rig with more power and greater tripping speed. Nabors PACE®-M800 rig features innovative advanced technologies that provide both.
- Three 1,600-horsepower mud pumps with 7,500 PSI to deliver high flow rates
- 3,000 horsepower drawworks that enable trip speeds of 380 feet per minute
- When drilling laterals at or greater than 7,500 feet, the PACE®-M800 rig’s racking capacity eliminates the need to lay down drill pipe between wells on the same pad.
With over 20 years of experience in designing custom solutions for the oilfield industry, engineers are available to integrate top drives, catwalks, casing running tools or other equipment into any desired rig, including rigs of the future or older classes of rigs ready to see a new age of drilling
- Autodriller DrillSmart® system allows more efficient drilling than any other autodriller
- Large rig floor with below-deck storage enables an efficient and safe rig floor